International operator of modern and highly specialized health care facilities, based in Bavaria
Our client is an internationally operating company that operates a network of modern and highly specialized health care facilities in the field of medically assisted services. The company is active in the DACH region and 6 other European countries and pursues an international expansion strategy.
The future Regional Director (m/f/n) is responsible for overseeing the entirety of the business, commercial and operational decision making within the company/clinic and contributing to the group decision making process. The Regional Director must ensure that the group and company goals and targets are met in a timely fashion by effectively and efficiently managing the clinic team and resources. The role requires a proactive manager, capable of proposing and delivering solutions across a multitude of operational and commercial areas.
The main tasks of the future job holder (m/f/n) are:
- Responsibility for business development, accounting, HR, administration, QM, facilities, legal and all non-clinical services
- Accelerate team effectiveness by
- recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and performance managing
- communicating values, strategies, and objectives
- assigning accountabilities
- planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- developing incentives
- developing a climate for offering information and opinions
- providing educational opportunities
- To develop business plans by studying technological and commercial opportunities; presenting assumptions and recommending objectives with a thorough plan:
- to prepare, develop and implement business plans and growth strategies including commercially viable new income streams and cost-control programs.
- to prepare annual business plan and annual budgets (including annual marketing plans) as per the Group Reporting Deadlines
- to assist the Group Procurement Manager to improve income volume and pricing, control of costs, reduction of purchase prices, and rationalization of costs across the unit
- To run the localised Marketing for the clinic(s) using digital marketing and traditional marketing where appropriate
- To prepare the monthly business report for clinic(s) and group
- Support company directors in the improvement of the business
- Work with senior managers in the company to form a cohesive management team(s) capable of driving the business forward
- To build the image of the clinic(s) by collaborating with customers, governing bodies, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- To maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Delivering patient satisfaction through delivering company values of care, expertise, passion, trust and innovation
- To ensure that all HR requirements are met (with assistance from Group HR Manager. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, staff retention, training, policy implementation and disciplinary processes
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- To ensure all annual mandatory training and updates are completed and necessary records maintained. e.g. workstation assessment, fire training
- To develop and maintain personal and professional growth. To have responsibility for ensuring annual appraisal and personal development plan
- To be compliant with all areas of legal and regulatory compliance and the associated Code of Practice for the business lines we operate in.
A university degree is expected, preferably in an economics discipline with a focus on finance and controlling. However, candidates with a commercial education who can demonstrate several years of successful professional experience are also considered. A sound understanding of budget and financial planning is essential, as this function includes negotiating and monitoring annual budgets and preparing financial reports.
The ideal candidate (m/f/n) is a proactive manager who is able to assess and calculate new business opportunities. He/she has a profound knowledge of marketing strategies and has already gained experience in senior management positions. Contract negotiation skills and the ability to effectively negotiate with new business leaders are mandatory. The future position holder will be able to interpret financial statements and improve the profitability of the company as well as enhance reporting systems and analysis.
The ability to work constructively with senior management is required, as are strong leadership, organisational and communication skills. The ideal candidate (m/f/n) is proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, and can lead teams and employees and delegate responsibilities.
The future job holder (m/f/n) should be resourceful, inventive and self-confident. Flexibility and self-motivation are as important as a high level of resilience and team player skills.