Manufacturer of optical measurement systems
Our client develops and sells integrated measurement systems for diagnostics and research into fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, microfluidics, spray analysis and combustion technology.
In addition to public research institutions, customers include the R&D departments of companies in the automotive industry, aerospace industry, electronics industry and medical technology.
Since 2010, the company has been part of a US-based group of companies.
The company is looking for a Global Sales Manager (m/f/d) who will report directly to the Managing Director of the group of companies. The future job holder (m/f/d) will lead 12 employees (Sales Office Managers and Sales Engineers in four different countries). The Global Sales Manager (m/f/d) will oversee and direct all selling world-wide that relate to the assigned product line. In an effort to grow sales and profitability, the Global Sales Manager (m/f/d) will monitor the effectiveness of all sales activities and work out sales strategies for the company’s global sales and service force as well as its distribution network. In the long term, the Global Sales Manager (m/f/d) is expected to oversee also the sales management for other product divisions.
The job can be performed from a home office. However, due to international travel, the proximity of an (international) airport would be advantageous.
- Ensure sustained and profitable sales growth in all sales territories for the assigned product lines
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the sales and service organisation, identification of optimisation potentials and, if necessary, development and implementation of suitable optimisation measures
- Monitor and enhance the effectiveness of sales and distribution processes, systems and strategies
- Analysis and evaluation of the market shares per sales territory as well as the respective competitive landscape
- Improve the effectiveness of the distribution network through coaching, replacing or adding local distributors
- Drive Sales force to develop sales pipelines, close projects, manage distributors and support the established customer base
- Provide coaching and training of sales staff on effective sales and negotiation tactics
- Collect customer feedback on the company’s sales force proficiency per region
- Recommend periodic list price adjustments as well as discounts on a case-by-case basis
- Co-lead internal and external resources in the creation, updating and enhancement of sales and marketing materials for trade fairs, exhibitions, newsletters, advertisements, social media and website
- Organize and hold periodic company and distributor sales meetings or customer seminars
- Ensure CRM data are up to date at all time and the use of CRM is evaluated regularly with the aim to make best use of the software
- Issue pipeline reports as well as other KPIs as requested by the Managing Director or Board of Directors
The basis is a degree in engineering, ideally also a commercial degree like Business Administration or similar.
We are looking for a commercial-focused sales leader (m/f/d) with an engineering background and the necessary technological understanding of the company’s product range. Several years of international sales experience in a comparable industry is required, ideally in the field of laser optics or measurement products. The candidate (m/f/d) will have a proven track record in selling high technology products and supporting customers from the public sector as well as industry. Furthermore, experience in leading (international) teams is a prerequisite.
The right candidate (m/f/d) shows an entrepreneurial mindset with a clear focus on results. He/she has assertiveness and is able and willing to drive the sales organisation and sales across countries and product areas. We are looking for a leader with a high level of intercultural competence, who sees himself/herself as a motivator and convinces with a can do attitude and the will to succeed. The candidate (m/f/d) also has a structured and analytical approach to sales and sales leadership, strong communication skills and a strong passion for technology.
English at negotiation level (both oral and in writing) and a willingness to travel are also required.