Manufacturer of premium products for geotechnical applications
Our client is headquartered in the UK and is a globally operating company that designs, manufactures and supplies measuring instruments as premium products for geotechnical applications. The company is part of a US-American group of companies.
The company enjoys a worldwide reputation for its geotechnical measuring instruments, for example for monitoring tunnel and bridge construction. Dam and dam instrumentation is considered one of the company's strengths and the experience and product range in this field is extensive.
For internal reasons, which had nothing to do with either products or customers, business in Germany almost came to a standstill and was temporarily managed from England. This should change as quickly as possible when this position is filled.
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager (m/f/d) for the DACH region who will report directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager in the UK and will be responsible for the revitalization of sales revenues in the assigned sales area.
The future job holder (m/f/d) has full entrepreneurial freedom to organize the administration, maintenance and development of customer relations in the assigned sales territory.
- Implementation of the sales and marketing plan to achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Establishing close relationships with the most important customers and planners in the assigned sales territory
- Regular contact with important consultants, designers, authorities and customers
- Project tracking of relevant projects within the assigned sales territory. Identification and maintenance of contacts with project decision makers in every phase of the sales cycle
- Timely tracking of sales leads, offers and orders and handling of telephone as well as web generated inquiries and complaints
- Search and generation of new leads through cold calling, networking, etc.
- Control of expenses according to the budget guidelines developed by the company
- Preparation of sales reports and forecasts on request of the Sales & Marketing Manager
- Use of the sales application software and maintenance of customer contact data in the company's CRM
- Participation in technical and commercial training
- Participation in trade fairs and exhibitions
- Support with accounts receivable accounting
- Compliance with all corporate policies
- Provision of market feedback to the marketing and engineering departments
The basis is a completed technical degree, preferably in civil engineering, or a comparable qualification. An additional qualification in geotechnical / structural monitoring as well as training in field sales would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate (m/f/div) is a sales professional with at least three to five years of experience in technical sales, geotechnical engineering or structural monitoring (civil engineering). Furthermore, a very good understanding of mechanical devices as well as a distinctive computer knowledge with modern business software tools (CRM, MRP, MS Office) are expected.
The future job holder (m/f/div) always stays up to date with regard to product and user knowledge and also performs in a highly professional manner at sales meetings, trade fairs and company events.
Self-motivation and the ability to build good relationships with others - especially with other engineers and customers of different nationalities - are required as well as strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
A high willingness to travel and business fluency in German and English complete the profile.